5:00 - Ryan wakes up, showers and gets ready for work.
5:30 - Ryan wakes me up and he starts loading my school bag and Garrett's bags into my car. I pretend I'm still asleep for a few more minutes then panic when I see what time it really is. I hop in the shower. Garrett usually wakes up around this time. Ryan dresses him, feeds him, and can sometimes squeeze in some time to read Garrett a book. I'm lucky to have a husband that helps with the laundry. He starts and folds a load in the morning, and I finish up in the evening.
6:15 - Ryan leaves for work. I chase Garrett around the house while I finish drying my hair and finish getting ready for work.
6:50 - Garrett and I sit down for breakfast. We either have blueberry pancakes or Cheerios. Hank loves breakfast time and I usually have to scold both of them. Garrett for poking his fingers through soggy Cheerios like rings for Hank to see, and Hank for licking them off of his fingers.
7:00 - Time to go! I buckle Garrett in his car seat, grab a Diet Coke (my version of coffee) for the road. We listen to and sing along to Garrett's Fisher Price Sunday School CD on the way to school.
7:20 - Arrive at Garrett's school. We buzz in and say hello to the sweet lady at the front desk. I sign Garrett in, and give him one last squeeze before heading off to work. Most days he's off playing with his friends and smiles and waves bye as I leave. Occasionally he will cry when I leave...and my heart breaks. His teachers quickly distract him and he's usually laughing by the time I'm out the door.
7:30 - I call my mom everyday on the way to work. We catch up, vent, etc.
8:00-8:15-8:30ish - Depending on my war with traffic, I pull into the parking lot at work, shaking my fist at the multiple parents who run the stop sign in front of our school.
8:45 - My first class of the day begins with my favorite group of students. They always start the day with their wild and crazy stories or want to show me the latest video they are obsessing over from YouTube. We even organized an impromptu Harlem Shake video thanks to a free ap they had. Then we get down to business and let the learning begin.
11:15 - My 20 min. lunch time with adults has arrived. Sometimes you just need some adult interaction in a world of tweens. We catch up on the latest celebrity gossip, all of our scandalous shows we are watching, and vent about students, parents, and policy. Gasp. Yes, we do that!
4:15 - The last bell rings and I attempt to create organized piles on my desk, try to get some grading done and catch up on e-mails to parents. I head out the door so I can drive by the lot to see if any progress has been made.
5:30 - I arrive to pick up Garrett. He smiles and walks to me with his arms reaching upwards, the best part of my day.
5:45 - When we arrive at home, we stop to let Garret close the garage door. He loves to push the button and watch the door open and close. Hank is usually going crazy in the back yard, howling and hopping around. We let him in and he runs through the house like a Banshee, stopping occasionally to sneak a lick on Garrett's face.
6:00 - Garrett plays with his toys while I prepare his lunch for the next day and pack his bag for school. Depending on his schedule for the week, Ryan is usually on his way home. We talk on speaker phone so he can talk to Garrett too.
6:15 - Garrett pushes the bar stools around the kitchen while I start dinner.
6:30 - Ryan is usually home around this time, so we eat dinner and finish up chores. We work puzzles with G, or depending on the weather, take him outside to ride his 4-wheeler.
7:00 - Bath time is so much fun right now. Garrett splashes and reads his Bathtime with Elmo book over and over, pointing to the quack, quack..."duck." We play a few rounds of "bathsketball", brush his teeth, and lotion up.
7:45 - I put G to bed, and he usually falls fast asleep.
8:00 - Ryan and I are in our pajamas and watch channel 13.1 (we opted out of cable until we are in our new house) or read. I will grade papers some nights too, but I've tried to keep work at work this year. I'm usually scratching his back and he's rubbing my feet. It's a great trade off!
9:00 - Ryan and Hank are snoring. I'm hitting Hank with my pillow and poking Ryan in the ribs.
9:30-10:30 - I doze off and on, my book slapping me in the face. Lights out. Quiet house.
And we do it all over again the next day.


1 comment:
Visiting from Kelly's Korner. Sounds like a pretty good day!
Post a Comment