Friday night I hosted book club at my house. I always look forward to book club nights because I rarely get to spend quality time with this group of friends. We love finally getting a chance to catch up on our lives. This month I chose the book Between Friends, and it was an easy read for sure.
Since the World Series was on, we spent more time watching the devastating loss of the Rangers than actually talking about the book.
For dinner, I tried my hand at some Pinterest recipes. I made Mexican casserole, 7 layer dip, queso, stuffed jalapenos, and red velvet chocolate chip cake. The casserole and cake were Pinterest finds.
They both turned out really good. The casserole had a ton of ingredients, but it was very easy to make. There was enough to serve 5 people with plenty left over for Ryan and I to eat the next day. I would definitely make this again, but I just need to figure out a way to make a smaller portion. I would try to freeze the left overs, but I am terrible at remembering to bring it out again later. The cake was delicious. I used cream cheese icing sparingly...I'm not a big icing fan. The only change I would make next time is to use regular size chocolate chips instead of the mini chips.
I can't wait until our next book club! We will be reading...
No comments:
Post a Comment