Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

Ryan had to work on Saturday, but as soon as he got off we headed off to the lake for the 4th of July weekend. Several of our dearest friends rented a lake house just down the road from Ryan's parents' place. We ended up spending most of our time there because it is right on the water The view was great! We mostly hung out in the lake this huge float that our friend, Todd, brought.









There was a burn ban in effect, so the annual firework extravaganza that our crew usually puts on did not happen this year. I am always a nervous wreck with all of the guys shooting off fireworks. It's always so loud and too close for comfort, not to mention I'm usually panicked about something catching on fire or someone getting hurt. Even with the burn ban, the lake put on a good firework display, so we didn't miss out entirely.

I was a little worried about being in the sun all weekend because the Friday before we left for the lake I'd gone to the pool with a friend for a few hours and ended up with a huge fever blister on my forehead! Thank you pregnancy hormones. I took a bath in sunblock before we went, but apparently it didn't quite do the trick. I started getting these strange fever blisters on my forehead when I was in middle school. I typically only get them if I get a bad sunburn or or if I'm really stressed. It really looks like I've got a bad burn from a curling iron. Ha! I wore a hat most of the weekend while we were out in the sun, so it didn't get any worse.

Hope everyone had a safe 4th of July!

No comments: