Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Findings

This has been a week of amazing discoveries!

I always buy fruits and vegetables with the intention that they will be used within the week. However, this NEVER seems to be the case. Brown bananas and soggy lettuce are so disappointing. As I was grocery shopping last week I spotted these Debbie Meyer Green Bags. Skeptical of their lack of performance I put them back, but found myself thinking how wonderful it would be if they ACTUALLY worked! So, I decided to give them a try. I LOVE them! The bananas that I experimented with are just beginning to get a few brown spots and it has almost been two weeks! There are 20 bags (10 small and 10 large) in each box. You are supposed to be able to reuse the bags too! I'm not sure about reusing them though... A fellow blogger and coworker, Tara, told me about a semi-new accessory store called Charming Charlies. They have stores in Southlake and now in Flower Mound. I was in the neighborhood, so I decided to stop in and see what this place was like. LOVE it! Although it could be dangerous! It was almost overwhelming because there was SO much to see. Jewelery, purses, etc! The best part is that everything is grouped by color and reasonably priced. I found some of the cutest earrings on my first trip. I'm sure there will be more visits to come!
This past weekend Ryan and I went to Celina for our friends, Raye Anne and Richard's, co-50th b-day party. They have a beautiful home!! I was in LOVE with one of their upstairs bathrooms because it was decorated in PAISLEY! My favorite!! Not only was their house gorgeous, but it smelled awesome too! Raye Anne let us in on her little secret. It is Bartlett Pear Wallflowers from Bath and Body Works. I went out today and found some for our house. Not only did I find this amazing scent, but it was on sale too!
Anyone else have any new findings this week?

2 comments:

Drew and Kelsie said...

Oh! My! Goodness!!!!!!! I stumbled upon Charming Charlies today at lunch. Talk about sensory overload! My lunch break wasn't near enough time to shop... I think I'm going to go back tomorrow! :)

Tara said...

Aren't you loving the Barlett Pear!!!?? My house smells so good!!